Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Man with the Cycle

We lived behind the church when I was between eight and nine years old.  One evening I was sitting on the steps of the church as the sun was setting.  I became aware of a strange noise coming from up the street.  I instinctively got up and hid behind the thick bushes that grew near the sides of the steps.  As I peeked through the branches a short olive skinned man marched down the sidewalk swinging a cycle, angrily muttering to himself.  As soon as I could not here that voice, I around the church and up the stairs to our home.

Paul tells us to flee the love of money and the evil that is perpetuated by its obsession.     We are to follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, and meekness, instead (1 Timothy 6:10-11), all of which are death to the love of money.