Thursday, December 19, 2013

In the Details

We could not maintain behavior that reflects Christ without the Holy Spirit at work in us (Romans 8:1-4; 1 Timothy 6:10).  To follow righteousness in the work place means we focus on how the eternal influences the temporal, or the temporary (Romans  8:5-8).  As believers we do not allow the behavior of others to control our behavior.  They are not our guides ( Psalm 1).  God is, through the scripture (2 Peter 1:1-4; 2 Timothy 3:16).

This does not mean we never resist unrighteousness.  On the contrary, God may have placed us where he did, at exactly the right time to fight against the unjustness that is prevalent (Esther 3:13-4:17).  Scripture says he prepares our fingers for battle (Psalm 144:1-2), that means God is in the details.  No one can hide from God, but He knows their very thoughts and is able to expose them (Hebrews 4:12-13).

We are not at the mercy of men.  We are in the hands of God (Romans 8:31-32; Hebrews 13:6).  Do your homework to be prepared for what you must address, then rest in God.

               (Psalm 144:1-2)
"Blessed be the Lord my strength,
which teaches my hands to war,
and my fingers to fight:
 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer;
my shield, and he in whom I trust;
who subdues my people under me."