Monday, August 17, 2009

Taste Buds

I have been eating a lot of raw vegetables and avoiding animal protein. My body has slimmed down and I feel much better. This weekend I ordered a vegetarian pizza that I used to enjoy, but the restaurant covered it with cheese and fried the ingredients in grease.

My taste buds let me know they were not happy with my choice.

When we taste the goodness of God, the sweetness of his forgiveness, the delight of his presence, our fleshly desires loose their appeal. They taste like grease to our spiritual palette.

Peter said it this way, “Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy and all evil speaking, as newborn babes desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious” (1 Peter 2:1-3).