Thursday, August 27, 2009

An Empty Seat

It is natural to feel shame when we are rejected by anyone. I am most uncomfortable when attending a dinner or gathering without anyone accompanying me. I feel awkward as I scan the room looking for a friendly face to invite me to join them. Most of us have experienced the embarrassment of being rebuked or having our faults pointed out in public. So why does the scripture say, “he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame”? (1 Peter 2:6).

He says that because this life is temporary at best. Our lives here are like the morning due or late morning fog. They disappear before we realize time has past. It is when we stand before the judgment seat of Christ that we will not be put to shame. Jesus will say, “He is mine. She belongs to me.” All judgment will be covered by the precious blood of the Lamb and we will feel no shame.