Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Have a Right

I have a right to feel what I want, be what I want, do what I want, say what I want. I am my own person. People around me should not attempt to regulate my choices. I am an individual and God has given me the right to make decisions for myself. Not every thing I do must measure up to someone else's standard. It is simply none of their business.

My family should adjsut to me. I do plenty for them. I may be my brother's keeper, but I have the right to fulfill that obligation as I see fit without having anyone second guess my decisions.

But God says...

All our speech, all our interactions, all our choices are to be based on the fact that we have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus. To do less is to dishonor the preciousness of Jesus' sacrifice.

Does that seem over-the-top religious? Is it a hyperbole?

If it is, what do the following scriptures mean? ( 1 Peter 1:17-21; 1 Corinthians 10:31; Galatians 5:24; Ephesians 5:21; 2 Corinthians 16:16-17; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20).