Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Gift Cards

If someone has given me exercise equipment, I must use it if I want to become stronger. If someone has left groceries on my doorstep, I must consume them if I want to satisfy my hunger. If someone has given me a gift card to my favorite store, I must go to the store if I want to purchase something.

God gives us grace and peace, but we must actively decide to use them (Psalm 84:11-12; Isaiah 50:10; 2 Thessalonians 1:4-5).

I woke up with the words of an old song in my head that describes the process very well.

Refrain
"Trust and obey,
for there's no other way,
to be happy in Jesus,
but to trust and obey"

1st Verse
"When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey."