Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Finding God's Will


Paul mentions the God of peace (1 Thessalonians 5:23). We are looking at the five places in the New Testament that describes what the God of peace will do. Today we look at Hebrews 13:20-21. "The God of peace will perfect you in every good work to do his will."

Growing up as a Christian I did a lot of worrying about how to find God's will for my life. Basing major decisions on the feeling or sense that something was his will instead of on principles of sound wisdom, I made mistakes that resulted in much pain for me and others. I found myself in a continual state of unrest. That was precisely because I thought I had to figure out his will.

Scripture tells us God has all we need that pertains to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3) and we have the promise that he will perfect us in every good work. We can rest assured that God can open and close doors for us (Revelation 3:8). There is no need to be anxious. As we rest in the knowledge that he will direct us, and as we spend time with him in prayer, we can make decisions based on godly principles and wisdom.


God will direct your path (Psalm 37:23; 119:105; Philippians 2:13).