Thursday, May 10, 2012

Know It All

When I was in my teens, I was smart enough to recognize that I had a lot to learn about life. But for the life of me I could not guess what that could be. Intellectually I knew I was not yet fully mature, but emotionally I felt like I was as mature as a person could be.

There is a humorous saying; if you want to know something ask a teenager while he still knows it all.

However, teens have nothing on us adults. We also have the tendency to feel like we pretty much know all there is to know. We may acknowledge life is overwhelming, but really, what more is there to learn? Jesus told his disciples, "I have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now, however when he, the Spirit of Truth has come he will guide you into all truth" (John 16:12).

We may not understand all there is to know about life, but we know the one who does.