Monday, December 12, 2011

A Question

Jesus told the Pharisees who were angry that he was “making himself out to be God” (John 10 33), “If I do not do the works of my father, do not believe me; but if I do, though you do not believe me, believe the works that you may know and believe that the Father is in me, and I in him” (John 10:37-38).

He will later tell his disciples, “If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin…”(John 15:24). Not only his works, but the abundance of his works testified that he was the Messiah.

Let me ask a question. If everyone did the same amount of miracles as Jesus did, how would people know which person was the Messiah? Could that be why no one has ever accomplished the number of miracles Jesus did?

We will see this question again in John 14.