Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Eagle's Eye View

It was nearly 40 years ago, while driving down the street, when God gave me a vivid vision in my mind’s eye of an Eagle’s eye view of my situation.  My husband had left me to be with another woman.  The surprise and pain felt unbearable while I was attempting to raise three small children by myself.  But is that moment, when my spirit soared in the heavens with God’s perspective, an unimaginable joy filled my heart.

I could see the sun shinning above the storm clods far beneath.  The land lay in patches of shaded greens, the rivers in turquoise, blues and treys.  My soul knew God was dealing with my enemies to call them to repent, and He was lifting me up to make me more like Jesus.


Philemon had experienced the frustration and anger of a trusted slave running away and taking something of value with him.  Undoubtedly  Philemon was angry.  But what he did not understand was that God was about to change him and his servant.  Philemon was about to learn more about God (Philemon 1:15-20)