Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Family Evangelist

"Do the work of an Evangelist" (2 Timothy 3:5).  Ephesians tells us God has given to the church prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers to build up the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11).  Though there is a specific gifting and call of God to be an evangelist, we have all been called to speak the message of God faithfully.  The deeper you are in a relationship, the more difficult this can become.  We may be tempted to water down the gospel in order to gain approval or to stop persecution.  But the words of Jesus call me back to the Truth.

"A man's enemies will be the members of his own household.  He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me.  He who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.  He who does not take up his cross and follow me, is not worthy of me.  He who finds his life shall loose it.  He who looses his life for my sake will find it" (Matthew 10:36-39).

"When push comes to shove" do we choose to appease our family and compromise the Truth, or do we remain steadfast in the Words of God?