Monday, March 3, 2014

A List to Avoid

I find one of the most difficult things for me is to pull away from people who are unhealthy. My tendency is to think I need to help them or that someone needs to reach out to them.  I feel like it is my Christian obligation to love everyone and therefore I must be open to being friends with everyone who wishes to connect with me.  But Paul writes that there are people we are to avoid altogether.  He lists them here in 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

Those who love themselves (put themselves above everyone else)
Those who are driven by the love of money
Those who are boasters and proud
Those who are blasphemers
Those who are disobedient to parents,
Those who are unthankful
Those who are unholy, unloving, unforgiving
Those who are slanderers
Those who have no self control
Those who are brutal, disposers of good
Those who are traitors, headstrong and haughty
Those who are lovers of pleasures more than they love God
Those who have a form of God (religious) but deny God's power

Look closely.  Are any of these people in your life draining your faith and exhausting you spiritually?  Perhaps it is not God who has sent them into your path.