Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Road to Hawaii

I live in Northern California about three hours from the Oregon boarder. Interstate 5 runs north and south. If I want to go to Seattle Washington, I have to travel North. If I want to go to Los Angeles, I must head south. If I want to go to Illinois, I must take an altogether different highway heading East. If I want to go to Hawaii, I have to get myself onto an airplane, because there are no roads that go under the ocean to Hawaii. In other words roads lead to specific destinations.

In America many love to say, "there are many paths to God, meaning all religions lead us to God. But their analogy does not hold true in the physical or spiritual world.

Scripture tells us plainly "...there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5). Jesus is the only one who took the penalty of our sin upon himself (John 14:6; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 5:21). If we reject Jesus, and all he teaches, then we reject God the Father (John 5:22-23).

Being a Christ follower will not lead you to popularity (John 15:18-19 John 8:34-36), but it will bring you eternal life (John 5:24; John 12:44-50) and will understand how to live while on the earth (John 8:12; James 1:1-3).