Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Beloved Brother

Paul called Tychicus a beloved brother, faithful minister and fellow servant in The Lord. Each adjective describes a separate function in the scheme of God's plan for life ( Colossians 4:7).

Beloved brother speaks of the family relationship of believers. My mother recently died and members of my parent's church surrounded my father with acts of love and service. An abundance of food was prepared. Flowers were sent. Condolence cards and expressions of appreciation for my mother were overflowing with kind words.

I attend a very small church and half of them took time to come to the memorial service to support me. Two families who are friends and pastors took time off work to come and support me personally. Many offers to do anything to help were sincerely given. I was humbled by such love and felt unworthy but extremely thankful.

Each of these persons' actions displayed the family aspect of believers. They are examples of being beloved brothers.