Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Thin Thread

Jesus’ prophecy concerning Peter’s upcoming denial was filled with amazing things. It is difficult to grasp the full significance of all the pieces.

Immediately after telling Peter he would deny him, he tells Peter and the rest of the Disciples, “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you, and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also (John 14:1-3).

Then he proceeds to indicate that they will have a ministry after his death (Luke 22:35-36; John 14:12-21). We do not live in the kingdom of God by a thin thread that can be broken in a moment of weakness. We are kept by the power of God (1 Peter 1:5, 23-25). God’s life force in you is far greater than you give him credit.