Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Raining Words

I do not pretend to be a prophetic expert so will not attempt to explain all that Jesus prophesied in Mat 24-25. We will look at nuggets interspersed throughout Jesus prophecy in these chapters.

In Mat 24:35, Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my word will by no means pass away.” His words remind me of Isaiah’s prophecy. “As the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to me voice, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it” (Isaiah 55:10-11).

We can depend that God will accomplish what he needs to in the world and in our lives.