Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Taking Advantage of a Promise

We get to know a person through their words and actions. In the laughter and sorrow, in the promises and fulfillments, in the loyalty and honesty of relationships, we become intimate. The same holds true in our relationship with God.

There is a reason you have a desire burning in your heart to know God. He is calling you (1 Peter 1:2).

Jesus told the Hebrew believers, “If you abide in my word, you are my disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” He told his disciples “He who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves me, and he who loves me will be loved by my father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him” (John 14:21).

God has promised to reveal himself to you. Take advantage of the promise and seek him today.