Monday, June 8, 2009

God Gives and Takes Away

All of God’s works are mysterious. We love the acts of God which bring us joy, but we find it extremely difficult to understand when we experience deep sorrow. Too often we are quick to attribute painful events to man’s freewill choice, Satan’s attack on our lives or random acts that cannot be explained.

Yet God said “Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that woe and well being proceed?” (Lamentations 3:38). “See now that I, I am He, and there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded, and it is I who heal; and there is no one who can deliver from My hand” (Deuteronomy 32:39). “…and I am God; Even from eternity I am He; and there is none who can deliver out of my hand, I act and who can reverse it?”(Isaiah 43:12-13).

The Holy Spirit reminds us; “As you do not know what is the way of the wind. Or how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child, so you do not know the works of God who makes everything” (Ecclesiastes 11:5).