Monday, June 15, 2009

A Royal Invitation

There is an old song, “Getting to know you, getting to know all about you.” It is about learning the likes and dislikes of anther person. It is loving them from the onset and enjoying finding out their habits and idiosyncrasies. It denotes enjoying who they are.

This is the kind of invitation given to us by God the Father. Peter whispers this truth in his opening lines. Jehovah God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) has called us the elect. We are special to him.

God told Jeremiah, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you: before you were born I sanctified you: I ordained you…” (Jeremiah 1:5).

God said “"And I shall give them one heart, and shall put a new spirit within them. And I shall take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statutes and keep My ordinances, and do them. Then they will be My people, and I shall be their God” (Ezekiel 11:9).

God knew you before you were born and he invites you to a journey of discovering who he is.