Friday, January 2, 2009

Rooted and Grounded

Scripture tells us in Colossians 2:6, “As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.

Jesus put it this way, “I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.” So the secret is death to self preservation when it comes to following Christ. We must be willing to give up anything and everything for him.

Jesus said in the same passage, “He who loves his life will lose it.” Sinful things that we think are fulfilling us, are actually killing us. They will divide our families, destroy our peace and the results will take us by surprise.

Jesus went on to say, “He who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If any one serves me, let him follow me; and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves me, him my father will honor.” Living as Jesus has taught us will establish are faith as we see him work emotional and spiritual miracles in our lives.