Monday, January 5, 2009

Abounding in Grace

Scripture tells us in Colossians 2:6, “As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.

What we focus on will affect how we feel. When I was a young woman, there were very attractive men I wanted to notice me. If they talked to me, my heart would race and my palms would become sweaty. I could not have prevented smiling if my life depended on it. My thoughts were controlling the responses in my body.

So it is with our life experience. As we base our decisions and habits on his Word and not on our desires, we become established in faith because we experience the outcome of faithfulness. As we give thanks for his presence, for salvation, for his grace given to us without charge, we become thankful and our outlook on life changes.

The longer we live in him, the greater our thanksgiving grows and the more freedom we experience.