Wednesday, January 7, 2015

How My Faith is Made Ineffective

Let’s say I have faith - I believe God can do anything.  I have virtue - I don’t steel, kill, or lie.  I have knowledge of God’s word and his commandments.  I have self control; I don’t over indulge in anything.  And I am patient.  I am willing to wait for things. I consider myself very godly.  I have all the things going for me on Peters list thus far; faith, virtue, knowledge, self control, patience and godliness (2 Peter 1:4-5).

But…I am unkind.  I tell other believers what I think is wrong in their lives.  I obnoxiously share my faith.  I make everyone dread what I will say or do next.  In my own eyes I am righteous.

 If you have ever dealt with anyone like that, you know the devastation and death it can bring.  That is why we need to diligently add kindness (2 Peter 2:6).  Without it, I make all other qualities void.