Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Enemy Behind the Rock

Today, I had someone attempt to shame me in public.  He overtly attacked my character.  When I asked the reason for his behavior he said, "I have my reasons and that is all I am going to say."

There are people who do not have legitimate reasons for treating us with disrespect, and there is little to nothing that will stop the behavior.  Because we do not know of any direct relationship with their negative attitude toward us, we tend not to think of it as suffering for Christ's sake.

We forget that often attacks from Saran come from behind a rock, the real culprit hidden from view.  As scripture says, "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God..." (Ephesians 6:12).