Thursday, November 20, 2014

Choices

Yesterday I quoted scriptures that encourage us to come to God in our pain.  But there is a danger in false rest or false hope.  In other words I simply tell myself, “God is going to take care of this” and do nothing to change my circumstances or behaviors.  This is false hope.  Look back at Isaiah 30:15.  The source of peace is not only trusting God, but in changing some of my behaviors (repentance).  

God allows us to make choices, and when we choose unwisely, we will experience pain.  It was because of a false sense of trusting God and blinding myself against warning signs of danger that I ended up causing great grief to my children that has still not ended.


Trusting God does not negate our responsibility to act wisely.  Thankfully God forgives and is with us in the healing process.  But how much better to make the wise choice in the beginning.