Thursday, November 13, 2014

All the Answers

As long as we live in the world, we will be forced to deal with evil.   We cannot help but ask why.  But we must not allow the question of evil to overcome our faith, to cause us to forget the good we see and experience.

I have a friend who walked away from her faith and is now pagan.  She said to me, "Why serve a Father who cannot protect his own children?"  Later, when I was thinking about this conversation, I thought she is worshiping a goddess that cannot protect her worshipers.

There are questions we do not know the answers to, but for me there are more answers than questions found in scripture.  I have experienced the loving presence of my Heavenly Father and i do not want to give that up simply because I do not hold all the answers.  If I did, I would lose my relationship with God and still not know the answers.