Thursday, July 24, 2014

Screaming Babies

I work in a building where people receive public aid.  Yesterday, a woman was pacing the floor with a screaming new born baby.  The piercing sound filled the waiting room for what seemed like hours.  Suddenly it was quiet.  I peeked out my window again, thinking the woman and infant had left the facility.  Instead, I saw another woman feeding the baby.  Evidently, the grandmother had been baby sitting until the mother finished her appointment.

Paul writes, “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious” (1 Peter 2:2).  

Do you find yourself desperate for God’s word?  I do not crave to read the Bible to fulfill an obligation.  I crave to read the Bible because God speaks to me through it.  I desperately need God.