Friday, February 7, 2014

Remembering the a Resurrection

"Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead" (2 Timothy 2:8).

Lazarus was raised from the dead by Jesus (John 11).  God used Peter to raise Tabitha from the dead (Acts 9:36-43).  There were a smattering of others in the Bible who were also raised from the dead.  Even today we hear of testimonies of individuals being raised from the dead.  But all of these died a second time and remain in their graves.  Jesus, however, remains alive and will never die again (Romans 6:9-11).

Why remember Jesus' resurrection?  Because his resurrection reminds me that He is God, consequently, 1. Jesus is with me (Matthew 28:20; John 14:23) 2. He gives me power to witness (John 16:5-15; Acts 1:8) 3. He will return to take me to be with him (John 14:1-4) 4. It puts my troubles in proper perspective (Romans 8:18) 5. The Spirit of Him who raised Christ from the dead is able to give life to my mortal body (Romans 8:11).

What does remembering Jesus' resurrection do for you?