Monday, October 21, 2013

Sources of Strength

Several years ago, While at work my head began to feel like it was in a vice. My stomach felt nauseous and my limbs were weak. I kept working, hoping and praying that I was not getting sick. When noon arrived we all went to the lunch room. As I began to eat the vegetables I had made for lunch, I could literally feel strength coming back into my limbs. My head stopped hurting, and my stomach settled down. I had not realized how long I had gone without eating.

We can have the same experience spiritually. We do not realize how long it has been since we spent time talking and listening to God or sat down to absorb his Word. Paul writes to Timothy that we are nourished through words of faith and good doctrine (1 Timothy 4:6).

There is great strength in solid doctrine. There is sweet comfort in words of faith. Let's share those with one another today.