Friday, April 13, 2012

The Closing

We moved to our new home in California while waiting for the sale of our old home in Illinois to close. I moved not having a job and my husband was retired. We needed our first home to sell or we would be in danger of loosing everything.

Every morning I packed a lunch and headed to town to the local job search center. I treated finding a job as though I was hired to search. I took a break at lunch then went back to searching and applying for jobs on the internet until 5 pm.

On my way home one night, I received a call on my cell phone from my husband. "The closing of the house fell through". I was stunned. This was the third time this had happened. I sobbed while steering the car toward home. Why? Why would God allow us to loose everything?

I was responding as God's servant. I did not know what he was doing. I was stunned to silence (John 15:15). I had a decision to make. Would I trust him regardless of what was happening, or would I become bitter and angry toward God. Peace or anxiety?