Friday, August 26, 2011

Centuries of Debate

In the 6th chapter of John, Jesus says several things that people have debated for centuries and will most likely continue to debate. The follow three comments by Jesus are the bases of these arguments.

1. “All that the Father gives me will come to me, and the one who comes to me I will by no means cast out” (John 6:37).
2. “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him:” (John 6:44).
3. “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to me unless it has ben granted to him by my father (John 6:56).

The following is what everyone on both sides of the debate agree on.

Unless God by his mercy calls us to himself, we have no hope. We cannot save ourselves. God sent his Son that we might be his children.

I am overwhelmingly grateful.