Thursday, December 23, 2010

Rated PG Christmas

I cannot watch certain movies because of their graphic portrayals of violence. When the detective programs that I do watch show blood and gore, I close my eyes. I don’t want those pictures rolling around in my head when I go to sleep at night.

In moments when I have been shown the devastation that my sinful, foolish or selfish choices have created in the lives of others, I also wanted to close my eyes. But God, who is rich in mercy, was gracious to show me these violent scenes, so that I could better catch a glimpse of the wondrous riches of his grace and mercy.

If at this Christmas season, you are experiencing the consequence of your sin or the sin of another against you, determine not to allow it take away the beauty of Christmas. Instead, use it to remind you of the over abundance of his love in the birth of his son.