Monday, July 26, 2010

Peace in Overwhelming Circumstances

Are you in the middle of a situation that has you baffled? Do you feel closed in and feel like no matter which choice you make it will be the wrong one? Many times life can become overwhelming. We become aware of our limited knowledge. We are wise to remind ourselves of the sovereignty of God and that he is indeed in control of our lives.

Remember Jesus words to us. “Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light” (Mathew 11:28-19).

"He will be very gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when he hears it, he will answer you...Your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it" (Isaiah 30:19, 21).