Tuesday, December 2, 2014

But I Did It To Myself

What about the trials that I bring on myself?  How can I say it will bring glory to God, or do I simply suffer through them with no reward, no thought of God being glorified?

We make mistakes, huge mistakes; even when we are praying people.  I like the scripture “He remembers that we are dust.  “ As far as the east is from the west,so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.  Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.  For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.  As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.  For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone;
and the place thereof shall know it no more.  But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him” (Psalm 103:12-17).


Even the trials that come as a result of our foolish choices, God can be glorified as we repent, change our ways and wait on him through the storm created through our owm mistakes.