Friday, June 20, 2014

His Kids

If my faith solely depended on me, I would definitely be lost.  I have made seriously debilitating mistakes that resulted in people being emotionally harmed.  I always thought my intentions were honorable, and on a deep level they were.  But through the painful outcomes I have also learned how self focused my decisions were, to the point that my adult children suffer from pain I unwittingly brought into their lives when they were young. 

Unless God sustained my belief in his existence, I would have given up years ago.  But God has amazing grace and forgiveness for me as he does for you.  He gives me the ability to face my errors and do something about them.  He gives me strength to do what needs to be done when I do not feel like I have the strength to do it.  And he keeps me believing in him when life’s outcomes would surely take away my faith.


We are his kids “Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation” (1 Peter 1:5).