Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A New Relationship

Jesus brought to us a new relationship to God. God is no longer a distant judge to whom we must bring animal sacrifices and follow a long list of washings, drinks and, as the writer of Hebrews puts it, "fleshly ordinances imposed until the time of reformation (Hebrews 9:9-10). But God is our personal father.

Jesus told Mary Magdalene, "...go tell my brothers and say to them I am ascending to my father and your father, and to my God and your God" (John 20:17).

He made it clear that God was our father in equal position as God is Jesus' father. He called us his brothers (Hebrews 2:11; John 1:12). He is not only a father who wants the best for his children, but he is powerful enough to give what is best to his children. We can trust him to accomplish eternally significant things in us and through us.

"My God and your God" ... "My father and your father", meditate on that concept today. It will bring new light to every situation you face.