Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Five Promises

Hind sight is a great teacher as long as we do not allow it to be our slave driver. We are wise to recognize our selfishness and repent without living in the past. My past errors, not only teach me to make better decisions, they also remind me of my need for God. My confidence that I will die victorious in Christ is not based on my power to keep myself from falling. My confidence is that God himself will keep me from falling (Jude 1:24).

Look at 2 Thessalonians 3:3-5. Paul gives the Thessalonians five thing that God is faithful to do.

Stablished you
Keep you from evil
That ye both do and will do the things which are commanded you
direct your hearts into the love of God
And into the patient waiting for Christ

If you failed in a given situation, let it remind you of what you would be like without God in your life. Rather than living in fear that you will continue to fail, rejoice that The Lord showed you so that you will move even closer to him.