Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Scattering

Jesus said, “He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters abroad” (Mathew 12:30).

Over and over again, Jesus said he and the Father are one, that he did not speak in his own authority, but only spoke what God told him to say. He said that the works he did were not done by him, but by his father. He told Philip, “He who has seen me has seen the father.” He told the crowds, “He who believes in me does not believe in me but in him who sent me.”

To not work with Jesus is to work against God. That means we are against all that is holy, righteous and peaceable. We are in the process of destroying lives, because that is always the result of sin. There is no sin that is of little consequence. Unless sin is killed outright, it will keep producing death.